The 2016 presidential race comes to an end Nov. 8. Republican nominee Donald Trump faces Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton. Gary Johnson is the Libertarian candidate and Jill Stein is the Green Party candidate.
Dates To Remember In Texas:
- The last day to register to vote was Oct. 11.
- Early voting in Texas: Monday, Oct. 24-Friday, Nov. 4
- Last day to apply for ballot by mail (received not postmarked): Friday, Oct. 28
- Election Day: Tuesday, Nov. 8
Here are some highlights from local and national coverage of the 2016 election:
Texas public radio stations will investigate five questions Texans from across the state want answered before the election. The series will run Oct. 24-28.
- 5 Challenges Facing The Next President — Whoever It Is
- Republicans Call For Donald Trump To Drop Out; He Says He Won't Quit
- WikiLeaks Releases Alleged Clinton Wall Street Speeches In Batch of Campaign Emails
- Why Some Are Voting Third Party
- 5 Things To Know About Mike Pence
- 5 Things To Know About Tim Kaine
- First Presidential Debate (Sept. 26)
- Vice Presidential Debate (Oct. 4)
- Second Presidential Debate (Oct. 9)
- Third Presidential Debate (Oct. 19)
Voting In Texas
- Record 15 Million Texans Registered To Vote
- Latino Millennials Looking To Have A Say In This Year's Presidential Election
- Texas Asks Supreme Court To Save Voter ID Law After Election
- Here Are The 7 Forms Of Acceptable Voter ID
Catch up on the latest election coverage below.