Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Dallas Is The Worst Outdoor City In America, Outside Magazine Declares
- Texas Students Choose Career Paths In The Eighth Grade, And That's Creating Anxiety
- 15 Amazing Things You Should Know About Texas Bluebonnets
- Hot, Hot, Hot: In Dallas And Fort Worth, One In 10 Homes Sells Within Just 72 Hours
- Cheers! Meet The Brewmasters Behind The North Texas Craft Beer Craze
Mon October 8, 2012
West Nile Virus Remains Deadly Late In The Season
Two more West Nile deaths are reported in North Texas.
Health officials say the 18th victim in Dallas County lived in Addison and had the more serious neuroinvasive strain of the virus.
Tarrant County has reported its 9th West Nile death. Health officials there say it was a Watauga man, in his 40’s with no underlying medical conditions.
Health officials say those over 50 are the most likely to contract the serious strain of West Nile, but everyone is at risk of the mosquito-transmitted disease.