Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- 15 Amazing Things You Should Know About Texas Bluebonnets
- West Dallas Is Now A Hot Spot, Thanks To Food, Glorious Food
- Hot, Hot, Hot: In Dallas And Fort Worth, One In 10 Homes Sells Within Just 72 Hours
- Night Owls (And Vampires) Rejoice: Watch The ‘Blood Moon,’ A Lunar Eclipse (Video)
- Dallas Baptist Student’s Viral Video Of ‘Let It Go’ Lands Him A Disney Audition
Mon October 8, 2012
West Nile Virus Remains Deadly Late In The Season
Two more West Nile deaths are reported in North Texas.
Health officials say the 18th victim in Dallas County lived in Addison and had the more serious neuroinvasive strain of the virus.
Tarrant County has reported its 9th West Nile death. Health officials there say it was a Watauga man, in his 40’s with no underlying medical conditions.
Health officials say those over 50 are the most likely to contract the serious strain of West Nile, but everyone is at risk of the mosquito-transmitted disease.