Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Dallas Is The Worst Outdoor City In America, Outside Magazine Declares
- 15 Amazing Things You Should Know About Texas Bluebonnets
- West Dallas Is Now A Hot Spot, Thanks To Food, Glorious Food
- Hot, Hot, Hot: In Dallas And Fort Worth, One In 10 Homes Sells Within Just 72 Hours
- Night Owls (And Vampires) Rejoice: Watch The ‘Blood Moon,’ A Lunar Eclipse (Video)
Thu November 29, 2012
Texas Instruments Workers Get Layoff Notices
Dallas-based Texas Instruments has begun sending layoff dates to 1,700 employees , 500 of them in North Texas.
TI, which isn't closing any plants, announced the cuts to its worldwide staff two weeks, ago saying they are part of a strategic shift to refocus its wireless business.
In a letter to the Texas Workforce Commission, TI says it began notifying affected employees Wednesday and that reduction would take place over the next year.
T-I said those losing their jobs will receive a minimum 60-day paid leave of absence with benefits.