Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Dallas Is The Worst Outdoor City In America, Outside Magazine Declares
- 15 Amazing Things You Should Know About Texas Bluebonnets
- Hot, Hot, Hot: In Dallas And Fort Worth, One In 10 Homes Sells Within Just 72 Hours
- Night Owls (And Vampires) Rejoice: Watch The ‘Blood Moon,’ A Lunar Eclipse (Video)
- Dallas Baptist Student’s Viral Video Of ‘Let It Go’ Lands Him A Disney Audition
Tue June 18, 2013
Study Up For 'Think': Seeing America Through The Minutemen's Night Vision Googles
What compels the Minutemen to hunt for undocumented immigrants? What kind of country are they longing for? Could there be more than border control behind the movement? Think host Krys Boyd talks to Harel Shapira, assistant professor of sociology at UT Austin, at noon. He spent time on the Arizona-Mexico border with the controversial paramilitary group for his new book Waiting for José: The Minutemen’s Pursuit of America.
Listen to Shapira recount his time using thermal scopes with Minutemen who have nicknames like "Blowfish" below. "We're not here to catch Mexicans, are we?" Shapira asks at end.
Listen to Think from noon to 2 p.m., Monday through Thursday, on KERA 90.1 or stream the show at kera.org.