Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Dallas Is Voted The World’s Best Skyline
- Dr. Ron Anderson, Parkland Hospital's Longtime Leader, Dies At Age 68
- Here Are 39 Things You Should Do In Texas Before You Die
- Overturned Rig Dangles From Overpass, Tying Up Traffic On Bush Turnpike, Dallas Tollway
- Why Isn't The Meyerson's World-Class Organ Played More Often?
Tue June 18, 2013
Study Up For 'Think': Seeing America Through The Minutemen's Night Vision Googles
What compels the Minutemen to hunt for undocumented immigrants? What kind of country are they longing for? Could there be more than border control behind the movement? Think host Krys Boyd talks to Harel Shapira, assistant professor of sociology at UT Austin, at noon. He spent time on the Arizona-Mexico border with the controversial paramilitary group for his new book Waiting for José: The Minutemen’s Pursuit of America.
Listen to Shapira recount his time using thermal scopes with Minutemen who have nicknames like "Blowfish" below. "We're not here to catch Mexicans, are we?" Shapira asks at end.
Listen to Think from noon to 2 p.m., Monday through Thursday, on KERA 90.1 or stream the show at kera.org.