Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- 15 Amazing Things You Should Know About Texas Bluebonnets
- West Dallas Is Now A Hot Spot, Thanks To Food, Glorious Food
- Hot, Hot, Hot: In Dallas And Fort Worth, One In 10 Homes Sells Within Just 72 Hours
- Night Owls (And Vampires) Rejoice: Watch The ‘Blood Moon,’ A Lunar Eclipse (Video)
- Dallas Baptist Student’s Viral Video Of ‘Let It Go’ Lands Him A Disney Audition
Thu January 24, 2013
Study Up For 'Think': Lady Bird, In Her Habitat
Lady Bird Johnson didn't grant many interviews toward the end of her life. But she did talk to Michael Gillette well on into her eighties. Host Krys Boyd talks with Gillette at 1 p.m. today on Think about the rural Texan's ascension to the White House as First Lady.
He brings interviews recorded from 1977 to 1996 to Lady Bird Johnson: An Oral History.
A rare visit with a New York Times reporter in 1993 sees Johnson sharing her love of wildflowers and native Texas plants, revealing a countryside north of Johnson City that produced her.
Listen to Think from noon to 2 p.m., Monday through Thursday, on KERA 90.1 or stream the show at kera.org.