Today, genre-bender David Bowie's unconventional classics were celebrated by local artists Byron Neal (Lord Byron), Lisa Bush (DJ Wild In The Streets), and others who woke up to news of his death.
Experience the work of these Bowie fans:
- Byron Neal (Lord Byron) [bandcamp]
- Marjorie Owens, co-founder of Pour le Corps Records
- Josh Baish, owner of Rubber Gloves Rehearsal Studios in Denton
- Buffalo Black [Soundcloud]
- Lisa Bush (DJ Wild In The Streets) [Facebook]
Percussionist Taylor Young (The O's) remembers when Bowie put an arm around him backstage during The Polyphonic Spree's 2004 tour as opener for the legend.