Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Here Are 39 Things You Should Do In Texas Before You Die
- Five Guys Get Stuck In A Truck On An Icy Highway
- It's Patrick Vs. Dewhurst In Lt. Gov. Runoff; Huffines Knocks Carona Out Of State Senate
- What Does The Fox Say? Meet Two Foxes Hanging Out By The KERA Studios
- Greg Abbott Faces Law School Friend As Plaintiff In Same-Sex Marriage Suit
Thu December 13, 2012
Police Release Video, 911 Calls From Fiery Scene Of Josh Brent Crash
Irving police have released two 911 calls and a video from early Saturday morning when Dallas Cowboys lineman Josh Brent flipped his 2007 Mercedes in a crash that killed his practice squad teammate Jerry Brown.
One motorist encountering the fiery roll-over on the Highway 114 service road near the old Texas Stadium reported a car “upside down and smoke everywhere.” Another motorist told police dispatchers the wreck was “in the middle of the road on fire upside down.”
Brent, the driver, was slightly injured and is facing intoxication manslaughter charges.
Police have declined to confirm reports that Brent’s blood alcohol level was twice the legal limit.
In a written statement the Irving Police Department said, “we have not received the results from the lab that processed the blood evidence.”