Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- BLOG: Dallas, FW ISDs Among Many Districts Closed Again Today; Roads Still Icy; 20,000 With No Power
- Whatever Happened To Marina Oswald?
- Frequent Earthquakes In North Texas Rattle Azle Residents In Epicenter
- What’s Causing Texas Earthquakes? SMU Study Explores Injection Wells From Drilling
- Arlington's Pentatonix Produces A Holiday Gift: A Viral 'Drummer Boy' Video
Fri September 21, 2012
Parks Pop Up In Parking Spaces
Parking spaces along Main Street in downtown Dallas turned into little parks Friday – the second annual ‘PARK(ing) Day Dallas’.
Nearly 60 groups and individuals adopted parking spaces and transformed them into interactive events, including a soccer field; a carnival ball-toss game; and a carpeted library with shelves full of free books.
The event was a big surprise to Debbie and Eddie Hernandez, visiting from Columbus, Texas.
“My wife and I are just kind of strolling around and we’ve been noticing the festivities going on,” said Eddie Hernandez. “It looks kind of exciting to me. That’s a wonderful idea. It has a festive attitude, you know.”
Organizers of the event say that’s exactly the reaction they were looking for.