Visitors to KERANews.org in 2016 frequented our list of 39 things to do in Texas before you die, the presidential debate posts with NPR's live fact-checking tool, and a story that answers the question: Why are there so few basements in North Texas? But, of course, that's not all.
Here's the list of the 20 most popular stories on our website this year.
Click each of the links to read and/or listen to the original story.
- Here Are 39 Things You Should Do In Texas Before You Die
- Whatever Happened To Marina Oswald?
- Here’s What You Should Know About Open Carry In Texas
- A 64-Mile Bike ‘Superhighway’ Will Connect Fort Worth To Dallas
- Texas Education Board Candidate Who Called Obama A Gay Prostitute Won’t Back Down
- Why Are There So Few Basements In North Texas?
- Can Dallas Drivers Survive A 12-Hour Shutdown Of I-35E This Weekend?
- Early Voting In Texas Is Underway — Here’s Where To Go And What To Bring
- With Recess In Decline, Some Schools Are Bucking The Trend
- Watch And Fact Check The First Presidential Debate With PBS And NPR
- Mary Mapes On The Story That Ended Her Career: ‘None Of Us Escaped Unscathed’
- ‘My Faith Shattered’: In A Viral Letter, Watermark Church Revokes Gay Man’s Membership
- Watch: This Texas Political Ad Will Get You Through The Rest Of Election Season
- 50 Tiny Houses Built As A Haven For Dallas’ Homeless And A Money-Saver For Taxpayers
- Watch, Listen And Fact Check The Third And Final Presidential Debate With PBS And NPR
- Homecoming Mums: Inside A Larger-Than-Life Texas Tradition
- For Three Years Running, A Texas Town Is Named The Best Place To Retire By Forbes
- 15 Amazing Things You Should Know About Texas Bluebonnets
- Beck Weathers On Surviving Mount Everest: ‘I’d Do It Again In A Heartbeat’
- There Are 84 Active Hate Groups In Texas, The Most Of Any State
More: What did D-FW search for the most this year?