Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- BLOG: Ice Storm Cancels Marathon, Children's Parade, Flights; 160,000 Lack Power; Big Freeze Tonight
- Whatever Happened To Marina Oswald?
- Frequent Earthquakes In North Texas Rattle Azle Residents In Epicenter
- Meet Stormy, The Cute Puppy Rescued From A West Dallas Storm Drain
- Arlington's Pentatonix Produces A Holiday Gift: A Viral 'Drummer Boy' Video
Thu October 24, 2013
Oswald's Wedding Ring Fetches $108,000 At Auction
Lee Harvey Oswald's gold wedding band has sold at auction for $108,000.
RR Auction said the ring sold to a buyer from Texas who wished to remain anonymous. The ring that once belonged to the assassin of President John F. Kennedy was among almost 300 items linked to Kennedy's life and death that went up for auction Thursday in Boston.
Oswald left the ring in a cup on the dresser on the morning of the assassination, Nov. 22, 1963. After being turned over to the Secret Service, the ring spent decades in the files of a Fort Worth lawyer before being returned to his widow. She agreed to put it up for auction.
Next month marks the 50th anniversary of the assassination in downtown Dallas.
22 Days In November
The High Five