Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Dallas Is The Worst Outdoor City In America, Outside Magazine Declares
- Texas Students Choose Career Paths In The Eighth Grade, And That's Creating Anxiety
- 15 Amazing Things You Should Know About Texas Bluebonnets
- Hot, Hot, Hot: In Dallas And Fort Worth, One In 10 Homes Sells Within Just 72 Hours
- Cheers! Meet The Brewmasters Behind The North Texas Craft Beer Craze
Wed October 16, 2013
Minor Earthquake Rattles Ovilla, South Of Dallas, Tuesday Night
The U.S. Geological Service is still reporting earthquakes in spite on the government shutdown, and it logged one at about 8:30 Tuesday night in Ovilla, south of Dallas.
USGS reported the minor, 2.4 quake was centered off Ovilla Road, just east of Interstate 35.
Ovilla has about 3,400 residents and straddles the Dallas-Ellis county line. Three people in neighboring Cedar Hill reported on the USGS website that they felt the teeny quake.