Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Dallas Is Voted The World’s Best Skyline
- Dr. Ron Anderson, Parkland Hospital's Longtime Leader, Dies At Age 68
- Here Are 39 Things You Should Do In Texas Before You Die
- RECAP: Greg Abbott And Wendy Davis Face Off In Valley Debate (Video)
- Overturned Rig Dangles From Overpass, Tying Up Traffic On Bush Turnpike, Dallas Tollway
Wed October 16, 2013
Minor Earthquake Rattles Ovilla, South Of Dallas, Tuesday Night
The U.S. Geological Service is still reporting earthquakes in spite on the government shutdown, and it logged one at about 8:30 Tuesday night in Ovilla, south of Dallas.
USGS reported the minor, 2.4 quake was centered off Ovilla Road, just east of Interstate 35.
Ovilla has about 3,400 residents and straddles the Dallas-Ellis county line. Three people in neighboring Cedar Hill reported on the USGS website that they felt the teeny quake.