Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Here Are 39 Things You Should Do In Texas Before You Die
- Five Guys Get Stuck In A Truck On An Icy Highway
- It's Patrick Vs. Dewhurst In Lt. Gov. Runoff; Huffines Knocks Carona Out Of State Senate
- What Does The Fox Say? Meet Two Foxes Hanging Out By The KERA Studios
- Greg Abbott Faces Law School Friend As Plaintiff In Same-Sex Marriage Suit
Wed October 16, 2013
Minor Earthquake Rattles Ovilla, South Of Dallas, Tuesday Night
The U.S. Geological Service is still reporting earthquakes in spite on the government shutdown, and it logged one at about 8:30 Tuesday night in Ovilla, south of Dallas.
USGS reported the minor, 2.4 quake was centered off Ovilla Road, just east of Interstate 35.
Ovilla has about 3,400 residents and straddles the Dallas-Ellis county line. Three people in neighboring Cedar Hill reported on the USGS website that they felt the teeny quake.