Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- ICE BLOG RECAP: As North Texas Warms Up, Costs Of Storm Pile Up; Another Blast Of Arctic Air Coming?
- 'Moguls For Cars:' What’s This Cobblestone Ice That’s Covering North Texas Roads?
- 11 Ways We're Turning The Nasty Ice Storm Into A Whimsical Winter Wonderland
- More Earthquakes Keep Jolting North Texas -- Quakes Recorded Sunday, Monday Morning
- Whatever Happened To Marina Oswald?
Wed October 16, 2013
Minor Earthquake Rattles Ovilla, South Of Dallas, Tuesday Night
The U.S. Geological Service is still reporting earthquakes in spite on the government shutdown, and it logged one at about 8:30 Tuesday night in Ovilla, south of Dallas.
USGS reported the minor, 2.4 quake was centered off Ovilla Road, just east of Interstate 35.
Ovilla has about 3,400 residents and straddles the Dallas-Ellis county line. Three people in neighboring Cedar Hill reported on the USGS website that they felt the teeny quake.