Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Dallas Is The Worst Outdoor City In America, Outside Magazine Declares
- 15 Amazing Things You Should Know About Texas Bluebonnets
- Hot, Hot, Hot: In Dallas And Fort Worth, One In 10 Homes Sells Within Just 72 Hours
- Night Owls (And Vampires) Rejoice: Watch The ‘Blood Moon,’ A Lunar Eclipse (Video)
- Cheers! Meet The Brewmasters Behind The North Texas Craft Beer Craze
Thu December 12, 2013
Michelle Rhee, Controversial Reformer, Favors Private School Vouchers In Failing Districts
Michelle Rhee is a high profile education reformer with a capital “C.” That’s for controversial.
When she took over Washington D.C.’s abysmal school system in 2007, she closed dozens of schools, fired hundreds of educators, and paid teachers based on performance. She was gone by 2010. Yesterday Rhee was in Fort Worth and talked to Bill Zeeble about reforming education through school choice.