Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Here Are 39 Things You Should Do In Texas Before You Die
- Five Guys Get Stuck In A Truck On An Icy Highway
- It's Patrick Vs. Dewhurst In Lt. Gov. Runoff; Huffines Knocks Carona Out Of State Senate
- Greg Abbott Faces Law School Friend As Plaintiff In Same-Sex Marriage Suit
- Videos: Look Back At Gloria Campos' 30-Year Career At WFAA-TV
Thu December 12, 2013
Michelle Rhee, Controversial Reformer, Favors Private School Vouchers In Failing Districts
Michelle Rhee is a high profile education reformer with a capital “C.” That’s for controversial.
When she took over Washington D.C.’s abysmal school system in 2007, she closed dozens of schools, fired hundreds of educators, and paid teachers based on performance. She was gone by 2010. Yesterday Rhee was in Fort Worth and talked to Bill Zeeble about reforming education through school choice.