Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Here Are 39 Things You Should Do In Texas Before You Die
- Five Guys Get Stuck In A Truck On An Icy Highway
- It's Patrick Vs. Dewhurst In Lt. Gov. Runoff; Huffines Knocks Carona Out Of State Senate
- What Does The Fox Say? Meet Two Foxes Hanging Out By The KERA Studios
- Greg Abbott Faces Law School Friend As Plaintiff In Same-Sex Marriage Suit
Mon November 19, 2012
Maybe Twinkies Do Last Forever: Union, Hostess Headed To Mediation
Originally published on Tue November 20, 2012 7:43 am
"Twinkies Saved! Hostess, Bakers Union Agree to Mediation, Avoiding Shutdown."
That's the "alert" this hour at CNBC.com.
Reuters has issued this "bulletin":
"US BANKRUPTCY JUDGE SAYS PARTIES AGREE TO MEDIATION ON TUESDAY IN HOSTESS CASE."
And according to The Associated Press:
"Hostess Brands Inc. and its second largest union will go into mediation to try and resolve their differences, meaning the Irving, Texas-based company won't go out of business just yet. The news came Monday after Hostess moved to liquidate and sell off its assets in bankruptcy court citing a crippling strike last week."
This follows Friday's big news, of course: "No More Twinkies? Hostess Brands Is Shutting Down."
We'll watch for more developments.