Most Active Stories
- Motorola Chooses Fort Worth For New U.S.-Made Phone
- AP: Top Obama Officials Use Secret Email Accounts
- TAB Wants Perry To Veto Bill That Reduced Number of Year End Tests
- Tornado Safe Room Rebate Program Expected To Draw Slew Of Online Applications
- North Texas Nurses Gain New Freedom To Treat Patients
Mon January 28, 2013
Man Arrested For Laser Beam Attack On DPD Helicopter
A 22 year old man from Dallas is under arrest for shining a laser into a police helicopter overhead looking for a burglary suspect about four o’clock Monday morning.
Police were able to pinpoint the source of the green laser that was beamed multiple times at the chopper pilot. Patrol officers found Kenneth Santodomingo and arrested him in the 7700 block of Lake June Road.
Santodomingo is charged with Illumination of an aircraft with a laser pointer to impair operator.
The police report says the green light obscured the pilot’s vision. Officers also say Santodomingo admitted he wanted to see how far the laser would go. When arrested he was wearing only blue boxer shorts.
YouTube: Helicopter laser strike and later arrival of officers at Lake June road (below):