Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- It's Sleeting, It's Freezing: Roads Are Slick And Schools Are Closed Across North Texas
- Whatever Happened To Marina Oswald?
- Frequent Earthquakes In North Texas Rattle Azle Residents In Epicenter
- Meet Stormy, The Cute Puppy Rescued From A West Dallas Storm Drain
- Arlington's Pentatonix Produces A Holiday Gift: A Viral 'Drummer Boy' Video
Fri June 15, 2012
KERA To Host Second U.S. Senate Debate
KERA will host a second U.S. Senate debate between the Democrats who finished first and second in the May primary. Former state representative Paul Sadler and retired educator Grady Yarbrough will tape a one-hour television debate that will be broadcast on KERA Channel 13 on Wednesday, June 27 at 7 p.m. and in other Texas markets at various times.
That broadcast follows the first one-on-one debate between Republican Senate candidates Ted Cruz and David Dewhurst which will be televised live throughout Texas from KERA studios next Friday, June 22 at 8 p.m.
The Texas Debate between Cruz and Dewhurst will be moderated by KERA Managing Editor Shelley Kofler. Questions will be posed by Crystal Ayala, political reporter for Univision Texas, Peggy Fikac, Austin bureau chief for the San Antonio Express-News and Houston Chronicle, and Ross Ramsey, executive editor of the Texas Tribune. Voters will also question the candidates and candidates will question each other.
More than 20 television stations and 14 radio stations have announced plans to air the Republican debate. Additional stations are expected to include the GOP debate to their programming schedules next week.
You’ll find more information at texasdebates.org.