Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Here Are 39 Things You Should Do In Texas Before You Die
- Five Guys Get Stuck In A Truck On An Icy Highway
- It's Patrick Vs. Dewhurst In Lt. Gov. Runoff; Huffines Knocks Carona Out Of State Senate
- Greg Abbott Faces Law School Friend As Plaintiff In Same-Sex Marriage Suit
- Videos: Look Back At Gloria Campos' 30-Year Career At WFAA-TV
Wed July 31, 2013
George Zimmerman Stopped For Speeding In Forney
(AP) - Police in the Dallas suburb of Forney say they stopped George Zimmerman for speeding last Sunday.
Forney police say Zimmerman was stopped while driving west on U.S. 80, about 20 miles east of Dallas. A Florida jury recently acquitted Zimmerman in the fatal shooting of unarmed black teenager Trayvon Martin.
A police dashcam video released Wednesday shows an officer speaking to Zimmerman and recognizing him.
The video shows the officer returning to his patrol car with Zimmerman's driver's license to check for outstanding warrants. The officer returned the license, instructed Zimmerman to slow down and released him with a warning.
Forney City Manager Brian Brooks says police records don't show how fast Zimmerman was driving. A spokesman for Zimmerman's legal team says he's baffled that a traffic stop would become national news.