Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Dallas Is The Worst Outdoor City In America, Outside Magazine Declares
- Texas Students Choose Career Paths In The Eighth Grade, And That's Creating Anxiety
- We’re Not Joking: Fort Worth Is The Country's Least Funny City
- 15 Amazing Things You Should Know About Texas Bluebonnets
- Hot, Hot, Hot: In Dallas And Fort Worth, One In 10 Homes Sells Within Just 72 Hours
Wed July 31, 2013
George Zimmerman Stopped For Speeding In Forney
(AP) - Police in the Dallas suburb of Forney say they stopped George Zimmerman for speeding last Sunday.
Forney police say Zimmerman was stopped while driving west on U.S. 80, about 20 miles east of Dallas. A Florida jury recently acquitted Zimmerman in the fatal shooting of unarmed black teenager Trayvon Martin.
A police dashcam video released Wednesday shows an officer speaking to Zimmerman and recognizing him.
The video shows the officer returning to his patrol car with Zimmerman's driver's license to check for outstanding warrants. The officer returned the license, instructed Zimmerman to slow down and released him with a warning.
Forney City Manager Brian Brooks says police records don't show how fast Zimmerman was driving. A spokesman for Zimmerman's legal team says he's baffled that a traffic stop would become national news.