Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- BLOG: Many Districts Canceling School Again Monday Due To Icy Roads; 40,000 Still Without Power
- Whatever Happened To Marina Oswald?
- Frequent Earthquakes In North Texas Rattle Azle Residents In Epicenter
- What’s Causing Texas Earthquakes? SMU Study Explores Injection Wells From Drilling
- Arlington's Pentatonix Produces A Holiday Gift: A Viral 'Drummer Boy' Video
Fri October 4, 2013
Friday Night Lights In Big D: Tonight, A Dancing Light Show On Omni Hotel
Tonight at 8, the Omni Dallas Hotel in downtown becomes perhaps the world’s largest movie screen.
For the second year, 12 video artists and animators take over the facade to put on a show. A soundtrack will be simulcast on KXT 91.7 FM. The best viewing spot is from Hickory House Barbecue on 600 S. Industrial Blvd. It’s part of “Expanded Cinema,” which helps kick off the 26th Dallas VideoFest.
KERA’s Anne Bothwell spoke with curator Mona Kasra about how she put it all together.
So what's it like to see work on a computer eventually grow into something that’s 23 stories high?
Kasra told Bothwell: “I can’t say how surreal it is even to look at your work that huge because as video artists the biggest screen we perhaps get is a movie theater screen and usually, if it’s a gallery setting or a monitor, it’s a very limited size we’re dealing with.”