Here’s a reminder that will make it easier and faster to vote Tuesday: Take one of the seven approved forms of a photo ID with you.
- Texas driver's license – issued by the Department of Public Safety (DPS)
- Texas personal identification card – issued by DPS
- Texas concealed handgun license – issued by DPS
- U.S. military identification card with photo.
- U.S. citizenship certificate with photo
- U.S. passport – issued by the federal government
- Election identification certificate – issued free by DPS
A photo ID is required for voters who cast their ballots in person at Texas polling places.
If the name on your photo ID does not appear exactly as it does on the voter registration list, you may be asked to sign an affidavit swearing to your identity. It usually takes just a few minutes.
Polls will be open across Texas from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
You can find more information on the voter ID requirement at www.VoteTexas.gov or by calling the Secretary of State’s toll-free hotline, 1-800-252-VOTE.