Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Dallas Is The Worst Outdoor City In America, Outside Magazine Declares
- 15 Amazing Things You Should Know About Texas Bluebonnets
- Hot, Hot, Hot: In Dallas And Fort Worth, One In 10 Homes Sells Within Just 72 Hours
- Night Owls (And Vampires) Rejoice: Watch The ‘Blood Moon,’ A Lunar Eclipse (Video)
- Dallas Baptist Student’s Viral Video Of ‘Let It Go’ Lands Him A Disney Audition
Fri January 11, 2013
DISD Announces Two New Chiefs And Departure of Another
Dallas Independent School District Superintendent Mike Miles announced Dr. Rene Barajas will be the district’s new Chief Financial Officer. He comes from Garland ISD where he’s held the same position and is also assistant superintendent of business operations. He begins in Dallas January 22. Also starting that day is W. Jerome Oberlton, in his new DISD role as Chief of Staff. He’s currently chief technology officer at Baltimore City Public Schools. Before that he worked in North Texas, where he was president of Global Technology Services in Dallas. He was also chief information officer for Mannatech, in Coppell.
The DISD also made it official Friday, announcing Communications Chief Jennifer Sprague’s resignation, effective Thursday, January 17. In the position about half a year, Sprague’s $185,000 salary sparked immediate controversy because she practically doubled her Colorado Springs salary, where she did a similar job for Mike Miles. She was nearly the highest paid communications chief in the state, and earned more than chiefs in some larger cities around the country.
DISD News and Information Director and spokesperson Jon Dahlander will be interim Communications Chief. He’s been with the district more than 17 years.