Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- BLOG: Crews Trying To Clear Ice From North Texas Freeways; 40,000 Without Power; Brief Warmup Today
- Whatever Happened To Marina Oswald?
- Frequent Earthquakes In North Texas Rattle Azle Residents In Epicenter
- Arlington's Pentatonix Produces A Holiday Gift: A Viral 'Drummer Boy' Video
- What’s Causing Texas Earthquakes? SMU Study Explores Injection Wells From Drilling
Wed November 7, 2012
Davis Launches Into Hunt For New Ways To Fund Education
Texas Senator Wendy Davis says her top legislative priority is education funding. The newly re-elected lawmaker who beat Republican Mark Shelton says she is not just for public schools, but also for higher education.
"Our middle income families are finding themselves unable to send their kids to the kind of future they want to have for them. It’s tied up tremendously in the state’s withdraw of support into our public university system, but also the state’s withdrawal in terms of its support for financial aid."
Davis says she hopes to work with the Texas Association of Business in devising a funding path to make state colleges and universities more affordable. She acknowledges she has not always gotten along with the TAB, but says politics makes strange bedfellows.