Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Here Are 39 Things You Should Do In Texas Before You Die
- Five Guys Get Stuck In A Truck On An Icy Highway
- It's Patrick Vs. Dewhurst In Lt. Gov. Runoff; Huffines Knocks Carona Out Of State Senate
- Greg Abbott Faces Law School Friend As Plaintiff In Same-Sex Marriage Suit
- What Does The Fox Say? Meet Two Foxes Hanging Out By The KERA Studios
Tue June 18, 2013
Dallas Sprays Mosquitoes Again Tonight
Dallas will spray for mosquitoes tonight in eight different neighborhoods, after an increase in the number of mosquitoes carrying West Nile Virus.
Crews will be in Oak Cliff and two sections of Southeast Dallas near Mesquite. They’ll also be in North Dallas above the park cities, and then farther north, near Plano. Spraying will occur late tonight and early Thursday morning, weather permitting.
The spray mist is EPA approved. But officials ask you to avoid contact with it. It breaks down harmlessly in sunlight.
To avoid bites, officials urge mosquito repellant with DEET, and say you should stay indoors early evenings and nighttime. If you’re outside, cover your arms and legs. You can also help cut down on mosquito breeding by eliminating stagnant water.
Here is a map of tonight’s spray areas.