Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Dallas Is The Worst Outdoor City In America, Outside Magazine Declares
- Texas Students Choose Career Paths In The Eighth Grade, And That's Creating Anxiety
- We’re Not Joking: Fort Worth Is The Country's Least Funny City
- Hot, Hot, Hot: In Dallas And Fort Worth, One In 10 Homes Sells Within Just 72 Hours
- Cheers! Meet The Brewmasters Behind The North Texas Craft Beer Craze
Thu February 7, 2013
Chris Kyle To Be Buried In State Cemetery
The state of Texas is giving former Navy SEAL Chris Kyle a special honor: he will be buried in in the elite State Cemetery in Austin next week. On Monday, Kyle will be remembered in a public ceremony at Cowboy’s Stadium at 1:00p.m. Among the thousands expected is State Captain for the Patriot Guard Riders of Texas Mike Lambert.
"This man is a true American hero," Lambert says. "We’re not giving anything to Chris, we’re paying back what we owe to that man."
There will be a private ceremony for the family at 10:00am and doors will open to the public around noon. Officials say security will be tight. Be sure to tune in to KERA's Morning Edition for more details on the ceremony.