Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Video: Watch Nina Pham, First Nurse With Ebola, In Emotional Sendoff At Hospital
- A 64-Mile Bike 'Superhighway' Will Connect Fort Worth To Dallas
- Here Are 39 Things You Should Do In Texas Before You Die
- Dallas Hospital Worker Tests Positive For Ebola, CDC Confirms
- 2nd Patient Who Tested Positive For Ebola Is A 26-Year-Old Nurse
Thu February 7, 2013
Chris Kyle To Be Buried In State Cemetery
The state of Texas is giving former Navy SEAL Chris Kyle a special honor: he will be buried in in the elite State Cemetery in Austin next week. On Monday, Kyle will be remembered in a public ceremony at Cowboy’s Stadium at 1:00p.m. Among the thousands expected is State Captain for the Patriot Guard Riders of Texas Mike Lambert.
"This man is a true American hero," Lambert says. "We’re not giving anything to Chris, we’re paying back what we owe to that man."
There will be a private ceremony for the family at 10:00am and doors will open to the public around noon. Officials say security will be tight. Be sure to tune in to KERA's Morning Edition for more details on the ceremony.