Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- ICE BLOG: Margaret Hunt Hill Bridge Reopens; Denton ISD To Reopen Thursday; Highs In The 50s Friday!
- 'Moguls For Cars:' What’s This Cobblestone Ice That’s Covering North Texas Roads?
- 11 Ways We're Turning The Nasty Ice Storm Into A Whimsical Winter Wonderland
- More Earthquakes Keep Jolting North Texas -- Quakes Recorded Sunday, Monday Morning
- Frequent Earthquakes In North Texas Rattle Azle Residents In Epicenter
Fri February 8, 2013
Breaking News: KERA's Tornado Coverage
The following audio includes highlights from our live coverage:
On April 3, 2012, numerous tornadoes tore through North Texas. They flattened houses, lifted vehicles from highways and triggered duck-and-cover procedures in schools. The storm hit midday when area roadways were busy and the afternoon rush hour was approaching. For nearly three, non-stop hours KERA provided live, up-to-the-minute details on the location of twisters and areas with damage.
The news team also delivered the latest weather updates, safety warnings and notifications from school districts. The added bonus was our listeners. They filled in the details as we opened up the phone lines and heard their eye-witness accounts of what was happening throughout North Texas.