Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Dallas Is The Worst Outdoor City In America, Outside Magazine Declares
- Texas Students Choose Career Paths In The Eighth Grade, And That's Creating Anxiety
- We’re Not Joking: Fort Worth Is The Country's Least Funny City
- 15 Amazing Things You Should Know About Texas Bluebonnets
- Hot, Hot, Hot: In Dallas And Fort Worth, One In 10 Homes Sells Within Just 72 Hours
Fri February 8, 2013
Breaking News: KERA's Tornado Coverage
The following audio includes highlights from our live coverage:
On April 3, 2012, numerous tornadoes tore through North Texas. They flattened houses, lifted vehicles from highways and triggered duck-and-cover procedures in schools. The storm hit midday when area roadways were busy and the afternoon rush hour was approaching. For nearly three, non-stop hours KERA provided live, up-to-the-minute details on the location of twisters and areas with damage.
The news team also delivered the latest weather updates, safety warnings and notifications from school districts. The added bonus was our listeners. They filled in the details as we opened up the phone lines and heard their eye-witness accounts of what was happening throughout North Texas.