Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Here Are 39 Things You Should Do In Texas Before You Die
- Five Guys Get Stuck In A Truck On An Icy Highway
- It's Patrick Vs. Dewhurst In Lt. Gov. Runoff; Huffines Knocks Carona Out Of State Senate
- Greg Abbott Faces Law School Friend As Plaintiff In Same-Sex Marriage Suit
- What Does The Fox Say? Meet Two Foxes Hanging Out By The KERA Studios
Arts & Culture
Wed December 12, 2012
Big Tex Just Needs A Spa Retreat And $500,000
Information has surfaced as to Big Tex’s whereabouts. He’s “recovering at a spa,” according to State Fair spokesperson Sue Gooding.
The Fair has awarded a contract to a Texas company to restore Big Tex after October’s fire, and staff has found creative ways to foot the giant bill for the icon’s restoration.
- Work begins in January.
- Cost is an estimated $500,000. That includes technical upgrades, new clothes, boots, hat, and transportation. Big Tex will need a big ride for his return.
- The Fair will soon announce a way for fans to contribute to Big Tex’s spa treatment (restoration).
- There is a new email address for well-wishers to send Big Tex messages: BigTex@bigtex.com
- Freelance writer “Dallas Small” will be issuing updates on Big Tex from the Fair’s HQ every three weeks.