Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Dallas Is The Worst Outdoor City In America, Outside Magazine Declares
- 15 Amazing Things You Should Know About Texas Bluebonnets
- Hot, Hot, Hot: In Dallas And Fort Worth, One In 10 Homes Sells Within Just 72 Hours
- Night Owls (And Vampires) Rejoice: Watch The ‘Blood Moon,’ A Lunar Eclipse (Video)
- Dallas Baptist Student’s Viral Video Of ‘Let It Go’ Lands Him A Disney Audition
Tue January 22, 2013
3 Hurt In Community College Shooting North Of Houston
Updated, 2:40 p.m.: Lone Star College's North Harris campus near Houston has been evacuated and closed for the day, according to the community college's website.
Updated, 2:26 p.m.: Three people have been injured in a shooting Tuesday at Lone Star College's North Harris campus near Houston, a police spokesman said.
One person has been taken into custody, the spokesman said. Officials told the Houston Chronicle that a second shooter was on the run.
One other development: Four nearby public schools were placed on lockdown as a precaution.
Our original post:
Shots have reportedly been fired on a community college campus in the suburbs north of Houston.
The website of Lone Star College has an alert urging students and faculty at the college's North Harris campus to shelter in place, a little more than a month after a gunman killed 20 children and six adults in Newtown, Conn.