Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Motorola Chooses Fort Worth For New U.S.-Made Phone
- AP: Top Obama Officials Use Secret Email Accounts
- TAB Wants Perry To Veto Bill That Reduced Number of Year End Tests
- Tornado Safe Room Rebate Program Expected To Draw Slew Of Online Applications
- North Texas Nurses Gain New Freedom To Treat Patients
Stephen Becker edits the Art&Seek calendar and blog, working to inspire conversation about the arts in North Texas. Stephen’s reporting can be regularly heard on KERA FM. His 2011 story about the history of eight-track tapes was featured nationally on NPR’s All Things Considered. Before coming to KERA, he was the film and television editor at The Dallas Morning News. In 2008, he participated in the Moving Image Institute in Film Criticism and Feature Writing at the Museum of the Moving Image in New York City.
In his 10 years at the News, he also worked in the Lifestyles, Business and Sports departments and was the recipient of several Society of Newspaper Design awards. Additionally, he served on teams that launched Quick and the GuideLive arts and entertainment section of the newspaper. He is a native of North Texas and a graduate of the University of Texas at Austin.