Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- ICE BLOG: Some Freeways Covered With Ice; Tonight, We'll Freeze Again, But Wednesday Will Be Warmer
- Whatever Happened To Marina Oswald?
- 'Moguls For Cars:' What’s This Cobblestone Ice That’s Covering North Texas Roads?
- 11 Ways We're Turning The Nasty Ice Storm Into A Whimsical Winter Wonderland
- Frequent Earthquakes In North Texas Rattle Azle Residents In Epicenter
Sam Baker is KERA's senior editor and local host for Morning Edition. The native of Beaumont, Texas, also edits and produces radio commentaries and Vital Signs, a series that's part of the station's Breakthroughs initiative. He also was the longtime host of KERA 13’s Emmy Award-winning public affairs program On the Record. He also won an Emmy in 2008 for KERA’s Sharing the Power: A Voter’s Voice Special, and has earned honors from the Associated Press and the Public Radio News Directors Inc.
Sam worked in commercial television at NBC and CBS affiliates for six years before moving to public broadcasting. He was news director and Morning Edition host at KWGS-FM in Tulsa, Okla., for three years and moved to KERA in 1991. He has served on the board of Public Radio News Directors Inc. and is a member of the Dallas-Fort Worth Association of Black Communicators.
As a volunteer, Sam produces a weekly series, Jazz in Words and Music, for Reading and Radio Resources, an agency serving the visually impaired. He also serves on the board of Southwest Transplant Alliance, a private non-profit organization that provides organs and tissues for transplantation.