Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- After Parents Complain, Highland Park ISD Suspends Seven Books From Classrooms
- McKinney Is The Best Place To Live In America, Money Magazine Says
- Here Are 39 Things You Should Do In Texas Before You Die
- Author Garth Stein On Highland Park Book Suspension: 'It's Baffling'
- Whatever Happened To Marina Oswald?
Rick Holter is KERA's vice president of news. He oversees news coverage on all of KERA's platforms – radio, digital and television. He returned to Dallas in 2012 after six years at NPR, where he edited the shows Weekend All Things Considered and Day to Day, and supervised the Digital News operation. Before that, Rick spent 15 years at The Dallas Morning News, after editing stints at what was then the St. Petersburg Times (now Tampa Bay Times) in Florida and the News & Observer in Raleigh, N.C.
He’s collected honors including USC-Getty Arts Journalism Fellowships in 2005 and 2011, a National Headliners Award (2010), a NLGJA Award (2009) and numerous newspaper design awards. He also edited and designed a Pulitzer Prize-winning feature series (1992). A graduate of the University of Maryland, he grew up on a dairy farm in Middletown, Md.