Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Here Are 39 Things You Should Do In Texas Before You Die
- Five Guys Get Stuck In A Truck On An Icy Highway
- It's Patrick Vs. Dewhurst In Lt. Gov. Runoff; Huffines Knocks Carona Out Of State Senate
- Greg Abbott Faces Law School Friend As Plaintiff In Same-Sex Marriage Suit
- Videos: Look Back At Gloria Campos' 30-Year Career At WFAA-TV
Lyndsay Knecht produces local content for Morning Edition and is assistant producer for Think. She's also the newsroom's unofficial oral historian, intern coordinator and equipment manager.
Lyndsay came to KERA 90.1 with a heart for telling stories about the arts as an agent for social change and community development. She wrote for outlets like the Dallas Observer and NBCDFW.com before landing at UNT's Center for Economic Development and Research.
While Lyndsay headed up content and publicity departments as Director of Development for 35 Denton, the four-day music festival won the 2011 award for Best Promotional Event from the Texas Downtown Association. As the festival's original publicist in 2010, Lyndsay led KUT Austin's Andy Uhler around town as he produced a radio feature about "SXSW's baby cousin." She thought she might want to do that.
Lyndsay lives in Denton with her 6-year-old son and is always looking for places to practice her rusty Italian, hip-hop dance instructors that favor harder beats and poems by heiresses of Adrienne Rich. If you have ideas on any of this, tap her shoulder @ltknecht.