Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- BLOG: Crews Trying To Clear Ice From North Texas Freeways; 40,000 Without Power; Brief Warmup Today
- Whatever Happened To Marina Oswald?
- Frequent Earthquakes In North Texas Rattle Azle Residents In Epicenter
- What’s Causing Texas Earthquakes? SMU Study Explores Injection Wells From Drilling
- Arlington's Pentatonix Produces A Holiday Gift: A Viral 'Drummer Boy' Video
Wed September 18, 2013
Will She Or Won't She? Wendy Davis To Announce Political Plans Oct. 3
State Senator Wendy Davis says she'll announce her political plans on Oct. 3, a little more than two weeks from now.
Following Davis' abortion bill filibuster that rocketed her to national fame, she has said she's considering a run for governor.
In an email to friends Wednesday, the Fort Worth Democrat urged supporters to encourage others to use social media to sign up for an early announcement of her political plans.
Attorney General Greg Abbott and Former Texas Republican Party Chair Tom Pauken are already campaigning for the GOP gubernatorial nomination.
Davis' political advisors had said she would have an update on her plans sometime this week. Davis delayed her decision so she could be with her ailing father, Jerry Russell, who died earlier this week.
It’s been almost two decades since a Democrat has held a statewide seat in Texas, and political analysts have said they don’t think that Davis can alter that trend.
KUT Radio in Austin explored the topic in an interview earlier today with Evan Smith, co-founder and editor-in-chief of Texas Tribune.