Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- It's Sleeting, It's Freezing: Roads Are Slick And Schools Are Closed Across North Texas
- Whatever Happened To Marina Oswald?
- Frequent Earthquakes In North Texas Rattle Azle Residents In Epicenter
- Meet Stormy, The Cute Puppy Rescued From A West Dallas Storm Drain
- Arlington's Pentatonix Produces A Holiday Gift: A Viral 'Drummer Boy' Video
Wed July 10, 2013
Wendy Davis Welcomed Back To Fort Worth With Cheers, Pleas For Gubernatorial Run
The “Stand With Texas Women” bus tour parked in the middle of a sea of orange in Fort Worth Wednesday night.
Senator Wendy Davis along with other North Texas Democrats and hundreds of pro-choice activists gathered to rally for women’s rights.
The amped up crowd cheered endlessly for newly minted hero Davis. She vows to stand against abortion restrictions all over again when legislation hits the Senate.
The House passed its version Wednesday and the Senate could vote on theirs as early as Friday. Davis says while Democrats may not have the votes to defeat the bill, that’s no reason to give up.
“If you think about our history and the fight in the Alamo, it’s such a perfect symbol for what’s happening right now,” says Davis. “Even though those brave Texans knew they were surrounded and the fight was lost, they fought until the bitter end.”
Signs screaming for Davis to take a run at the governor’s chair were also a part of Wednesday night’s rally.
When asked if she’d consider a campaign, Davis said she’s got a lot on her plate at the moment, but once she has time to come up for air, she’ll give running for Texas governor some serious thought.