Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Here Are 39 Things You Should Do In Texas Before You Die
- Five Guys Get Stuck In A Truck On An Icy Highway
- It's Patrick Vs. Dewhurst In Lt. Gov. Runoff; Huffines Knocks Carona Out Of State Senate
- Greg Abbott Faces Law School Friend As Plaintiff In Same-Sex Marriage Suit
- What Does The Fox Say? Meet Two Foxes Hanging Out By The KERA Studios
Wed April 3, 2013
UPDATE: 3rd Charge Filed Against Accused Lake Highlands Rapist
Updated, 6:05 p.m.: DNA tests came back Wednesday, and police filed a third sexual assault charge against Cesar Benitez, who's being held on $4.5 million bail at the Dallas County Jail.
Our original post continues: Dallas police say a CrimeStoppers tip led to the arrest of a man who has confessed to three sexual assaults in the Lake Highlands community. Police arrested 30-year-old Cesar Benitez yesterday after he ran away during a traffic stop.
Benitez has been charged with aggravated sexual assault in the Feb. 22 crime and one count of sexual assault in the March 15 ofincident. In a statement on the Dallas Police Department’s Facebook page, officials say the March 19 sexual assault is still under investigation “to determine the most applicable charges.”
Watch the DPD’s Tuesday night press conference here: