Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Dallas Is The Worst Outdoor City In America, Outside Magazine Declares
- 15 Amazing Things You Should Know About Texas Bluebonnets
- Hot, Hot, Hot: In Dallas And Fort Worth, One In 10 Homes Sells Within Just 72 Hours
- Night Owls (And Vampires) Rejoice: Watch The ‘Blood Moon,’ A Lunar Eclipse (Video)
- Dallas Baptist Student’s Viral Video Of ‘Let It Go’ Lands Him A Disney Audition
Mon November 11, 2013
Today Is Veterans Day
Today is Veterans Day, and there are several events happening around North Texas.
The 2013 Dallas Veterans Day parade starts at 11:20 a.m. in downtown Dallas. The parade starts at Young and Houston streets and ends at Marilla and Ervay streets. Capt. Charles De Bellevue and Col. Bernard Talley, both retired from the Air Force, are the grand marshals. The speaker is U.S. Rep Sam Johnson, a retired colonel in the Air Force and a former Vietnam prisoner of war. This year’s theme is “Honoring the Veterans and POWs of Vietnam." Before the parade, an Oath of Enlistment ceremony starts at 10:50 a.m. at Dallas City Hall.
Fort Worth's Veterans Day Parade starts at 10 a.m. in downtown Fort Worth.
Here's a listing of area Veterans Day events.
KERA's Bill Zeeble interviewed homeless veterans who reflected on the day.