Today Is Election Day -- Find Sample Ballots, Polling Sites For Your County
Are you unsure where to vote? Want to take a look at the elections and issue on the ballot?
County elections offices have posted sample ballots and the locations of polling sites as well as contact information if you encounter difficulty.
Here are handy links to some North Texas elections departments:
The Texas Secretary of State website includes additional information.
Today, Nov. 5, is Election Day. And, for the first time, Texans will need to take a valid photo ID to the polls. This time, Lone Star ballots won’t include national or statewide offices, of course. But they will spotlight school board and city contests, local issues and nine statewide propositions. Here’s some of what we’re watching at KERA:
- Nine state constitutional amendments include Prop. 6 to create a $2 billion water fund.
- In Dallas ISD, the District 8 school board race, which could tip the balance for the superintendent.
- The Plano school district’s proposed 13-cent property tax increase.
- Fort Worth ISD’s $489.9 million in school bonds, which would add 3 cents to property tax rates. One proposition would expand pre-kindergarten throughout the district.
- Arlington voters will decide whether to allow liquor sales, including at Rangers Ballpark.
For more election coverage, click on the KERA News Elections page.