Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Dallas Is The Worst Outdoor City In America, Outside Magazine Declares
- Texas Students Choose Career Paths In The Eighth Grade, And That's Creating Anxiety
- 15 Amazing Things You Should Know About Texas Bluebonnets
- Hot, Hot, Hot: In Dallas And Fort Worth, One In 10 Homes Sells Within Just 72 Hours
- Cheers! Meet The Brewmasters Behind The North Texas Craft Beer Craze
Fri May 11, 2012
Texas-OU Game To Remain At Cotton Bowl Through 2020
The Red River Rivalry tradition between the University of Texas and the University of Oklahoma will continue at Dallas' Cotton Bowl through 2020, school officials said today.
Dallas Mayor Mike Rawlings said the schools have signed an agreement to keep the annual game in the historic Fair Park stadium during the State Fair of Texas in October.
Rawlings said USA Today recognizes the game as one of the top 10 hottest tickets in all sports, including the Kentucky Derby, the Masters and the Indianapolis 500.
Last month, the Dallas City Council approved a $25 million upgrade to the Cotton Bowl. It includes air-conditioned suites, improved concessions nad better bathrooms. Approval of the facelift was critical to keeping the game in Dallas.