Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- At Least An Inch Of Ice And Sleet Covers North Texas; Many Schools Closed; 250,000 Without Power
- Whatever Happened To Marina Oswald?
- Frequent Earthquakes In North Texas Rattle Azle Residents In Epicenter
- Meet Stormy, The Cute Puppy Rescued From A West Dallas Storm Drain
- Arlington's Pentatonix Produces A Holiday Gift: A Viral 'Drummer Boy' Video
Fri May 11, 2012
Texas-OU Game To Remain At Cotton Bowl Through 2020
The Red River Rivalry tradition between the University of Texas and the University of Oklahoma will continue at Dallas' Cotton Bowl through 2020, school officials said today.
Dallas Mayor Mike Rawlings said the schools have signed an agreement to keep the annual game in the historic Fair Park stadium during the State Fair of Texas in October.
Rawlings said USA Today recognizes the game as one of the top 10 hottest tickets in all sports, including the Kentucky Derby, the Masters and the Indianapolis 500.
Last month, the Dallas City Council approved a $25 million upgrade to the Cotton Bowl. It includes air-conditioned suites, improved concessions nad better bathrooms. Approval of the facelift was critical to keeping the game in Dallas.