Most Active Stories
- Motorola Chooses Fort Worth For New U.S.-Made Phone
- AP: Top Obama Officials Use Secret Email Accounts
- TAB Wants Perry To Veto Bill That Reduced Number of Year End Tests
- Tornado Safe Room Rebate Program Expected To Draw Slew Of Online Applications
- North Texas Nurses Gain New Freedom To Treat Patients
Fri May 11, 2012
Texas-OU Game To Remain At Cotton Bowl Through 2020
The Red River Rivalry tradition between the University of Texas and the University of Oklahoma will continue at Dallas' Cotton Bowl through 2020, school officials said today.
Dallas Mayor Mike Rawlings said the schools have signed an agreement to keep the annual game in the historic Fair Park stadium during the State Fair of Texas in October.
Rawlings said USA Today recognizes the game as one of the top 10 hottest tickets in all sports, including the Kentucky Derby, the Masters and the Indianapolis 500.
Last month, the Dallas City Council approved a $25 million upgrade to the Cotton Bowl. It includes air-conditioned suites, improved concessions nad better bathrooms. Approval of the facelift was critical to keeping the game in Dallas.