Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Dallas Is The Worst Outdoor City In America, Outside Magazine Declares
- 15 Amazing Things You Should Know About Texas Bluebonnets
- West Dallas Is Now A Hot Spot, Thanks To Food, Glorious Food
- Hot, Hot, Hot: In Dallas And Fort Worth, One In 10 Homes Sells Within Just 72 Hours
- Night Owls (And Vampires) Rejoice: Watch The ‘Blood Moon,’ A Lunar Eclipse (Video)
Thu August 29, 2013
Study Up For ‘Think’: School Policies And Closing The Gender Gap
Did the victories of feminism spawn underachieving boys? In an effort to level the playing field for all, how did boys fall behind? We’ll talk at noon with Christina Hoff Sommers, resident scholar at the American Enterprise Institute and author of "The War Against Boys: How Misguided Policies Are Harming Our Young Men."
Sommers recently wrote this commentary for TIME on how zero-tolerance policies have turned schools into a hostile environment for boys. “The War On Boys” was originally written in 2000, but was reissued last year.
Listen to Think from noon to 2 p.m., and again from 9 to 11 p.m., Monday through Thursday on KERA 90.1 FM or stream if you like.