Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- ICE BLOG: Margaret Hunt Hill Bridge Reopens; Denton ISD To Reopen Thursday; Highs In The 50s Friday!
- 'Moguls For Cars:' What’s This Cobblestone Ice That’s Covering North Texas Roads?
- 11 Ways We're Turning The Nasty Ice Storm Into A Whimsical Winter Wonderland
- More Earthquakes Keep Jolting North Texas -- Quakes Recorded Sunday, Monday Morning
- Frequent Earthquakes In North Texas Rattle Azle Residents In Epicenter
Thu August 29, 2013
Study Up For ‘Think’: School Policies And Closing The Gender Gap
Did the victories of feminism spawn underachieving boys? In an effort to level the playing field for all, how did boys fall behind? We’ll talk at noon with Christina Hoff Sommers, resident scholar at the American Enterprise Institute and author of "The War Against Boys: How Misguided Policies Are Harming Our Young Men."
Sommers recently wrote this commentary for TIME on how zero-tolerance policies have turned schools into a hostile environment for boys. “The War On Boys” was originally written in 2000, but was reissued last year.
Listen to Think from noon to 2 p.m., and again from 9 to 11 p.m., Monday through Thursday on KERA 90.1 FM or stream if you like.