Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Here Are 39 Things You Should Do In Texas Before You Die
- Five Guys Get Stuck In A Truck On An Icy Highway
- It's Patrick Vs. Dewhurst In Lt. Gov. Runoff; Huffines Knocks Carona Out Of State Senate
- Greg Abbott Faces Law School Friend As Plaintiff In Same-Sex Marriage Suit
- Videos: Look Back At Gloria Campos' 30-Year Career At WFAA-TV
Mon August 26, 2013
Study Up For 'Think': Global Warming And Rising Seas
Over the past century, we've managed to warm the Earth by more than a degree Fahrenheit with heat-trapping emissions. And sea levels hiked with the temperature - about eight inches, in fact. What will this ongoing trend mean for America's coastal cities, which had a taste of destruction during Superstorm Sandy? At noon on Think, we'll hear from science writer Tim Folger about how we could adopt and adapt ideas from the world's flood-endangered islands. He wrote the cover story "Rising Seas" for the September issue of National Geographic, in which these photos appear.
Listen to Think from noon to 2 p.m., and again from 9 to 11 p.m., Monday through Thursday on KERA 90.1 FM or stream if you like.
Inside The Bush Center