Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Dallas Is The Worst Outdoor City In America, Outside Magazine Declares
- 15 Amazing Things You Should Know About Texas Bluebonnets
- Hot, Hot, Hot: In Dallas And Fort Worth, One In 10 Homes Sells Within Just 72 Hours
- Night Owls (And Vampires) Rejoice: Watch The ‘Blood Moon,’ A Lunar Eclipse (Video)
- Cheers! Meet The Brewmasters Behind The North Texas Craft Beer Craze
Mon August 19, 2013
Study Up For Think: Coming To America
What do the "huddled masses yearning to breathe free" find when they arrive in the U.S. today? More than a century after Emma Lazarus' poem "The New Colossus" was engraved on the Statue of Liberty, the American dream and the American reality for immigrants have both changed dramatically. Alvaro Vargas Llosa, Senior Fellow of the Center on Global Prosperity at the Independent Institute, takes inventory of the myths and truths of modern immigration with Think host Krys Boyd at noon and 9 p.m..
You can listen to the full podcast of this conversation on our Think page.
London filmmaker Marc Silver looks at American border security through the dark lens of a forensic anthropologist who helps identify the remains of undocumented migrants for the Pima County Office of the Medical Examiner in Arizona. He produced a short film about American policies and factors that may cause more migrant deaths, and we can see the doc thanks to the NY Times.
Listen to Think from noon to 2 p.m., Monday through Thursday and again from 9 to 11 p.m. on KERA 90.1. You can stream the show at kera.org.
Best of 'Think' 2013