Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Dallas Is The Worst Outdoor City In America, Outside Magazine Declares
- 15 Amazing Things You Should Know About Texas Bluebonnets
- Hot, Hot, Hot: In Dallas And Fort Worth, One In 10 Homes Sells Within Just 72 Hours
- Night Owls (And Vampires) Rejoice: Watch The ‘Blood Moon,’ A Lunar Eclipse (Video)
- Cheers! Meet The Brewmasters Behind The North Texas Craft Beer Craze
Tue January 28, 2014
Study Up For 'Think:' Is The Brain A Puppeteer Of Personality?
To Dutch neuroscientist and professor D.F. Swaab, the way brains are built decides personality, forms socially accepted gender preferences and chooses a fetus' sexual orientation – not social values or upbringing. He joins Think host Krys Boyd at 1 p.m. to talk about the controversial stances he takes in We Are Our Brains.
For example, Swaab believes transsexual identity is caused by a brain mechanism similar to the one present in Body Integrity Identity Disorder, where the patient believes one of their limbs doesn't belong on their body. There's more on that, and other points, in this Boston Globe review.
Listen to Think Monday through Thursday at noon and 9 p.m. on KERA 90.1 or stream online.