Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Here Are 39 Things You Should Do In Texas Before You Die
- Five Guys Get Stuck In A Truck On An Icy Highway
- It's Patrick Vs. Dewhurst In Lt. Gov. Runoff; Huffines Knocks Carona Out Of State Senate
- Greg Abbott Faces Law School Friend As Plaintiff In Same-Sex Marriage Suit
- Videos: Look Back At Gloria Campos' 30-Year Career At WFAA-TV
Tue January 28, 2014
Study Up For 'Think:' Is The Brain A Puppeteer Of Personality?
To Dutch neuroscientist and professor D.F. Swaab, the way brains are built decides personality, forms socially accepted gender preferences and chooses a fetus' sexual orientation – not social values or upbringing. He joins Think host Krys Boyd at 1 p.m. to talk about the controversial stances he takes in We Are Our Brains.
For example, Swaab believes transsexual identity is caused by a brain mechanism similar to the one present in Body Integrity Identity Disorder, where the patient believes one of their limbs doesn't belong on their body. There's more on that, and other points, in this Boston Globe review.
Listen to Think Monday through Thursday at noon and 9 p.m. on KERA 90.1 or stream online.