Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Whatever Happened To Marina Oswald?
- Frequent Earthquakes In North Texas Rattle Azle Residents In Epicenter
- Meet Stormy, The Cute Puppy Rescued From A West Dallas Storm Drain
- Arlington's Pentatonix Produces A Holiday Gift: A Viral 'Drummer Boy' Video
- Texas Is Changing How It Evaluates Teachers. What Will That Look Like?
Thu February 21, 2013
Study Up For ‘Think’: Academy Awards Picks And Predictions
Will the lyrical Beasts of The Southern Wild take Best Picture? Or the hard-hitting provocateur Zero Dark Thirty? Weigh in on who'll win with Stephen Becker of KERA's Art&Seek, Chris Vognar of The Dallas Morning News, and Christopher Kelly (Texas Monthly, The New York Times) at noon on Think.
Review the list of nominees and watch trailers for the films you haven’t had time to see.
You can also make an informed prediction as to which panelist you’ll end up calling Think to argue with:
- Vognar says Quentin Tarantino’s Django Unchained and Steven Spielberg’s Lincoln are slavery films that aren’t actually about slavery.
- Becker and Vognar discuss the depiction of torture in Kathryn Bigelow’s Zero Dark Thirty for Art&Seek’s Big Screen podcast (see shortened review in the second clip.)
- And this Q&A with Chris Kelly on Texas' onscreen identity for Texas Monthly is a solid introduction to his aesthetic.
The awards show airs Sunday at 6 p.m. on ABC.
You can email questions or comments to host Krys Boyd: email@example.com. Listen to Think from noon to 2 p.m., Monday through Thursday, on KERA 90.1 or stream the show at kera.org.