Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- John Wiley Price Arrested, Pleads Not Guilty To Bribery Charges
- Here Are 39 Things You Should Do In Texas Before You Die
- Catholic Bishops Respond To Perry's Plan To Send 1,000 Guard Troops To Border
- Texas Is One Of The Worst States For Kids, Survey Says
- Dallas Animal Shelter Overwhelmed With Cats And Dogs As Owners Return Their Pets
Tue January 22, 2013
Space: The Final Frontier For Dirk Nowitzki?
Dirk Nowitzki has done just about everything a basketball player can do: He's the the first European-born player to win the NBA's MVP award. He led the Mavericks to the NBA title. And he's an 11-time All-Star.
Next up: How 'bout a shot into space?
The Mavericks have launched Nowitzki. Well, almost. They wisely decided to send a Nowitzki bobblehead up instead. Which, was the right choice considering the balloon carrying "Little Dirk" colorfully exploded at 94,630 feet.
All is revealed in this video from the Mavs: