Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Dallas Is The Worst Outdoor City In America, Outside Magazine Declares
- Texas Students Choose Career Paths In The Eighth Grade, And That's Creating Anxiety
- 15 Amazing Things You Should Know About Texas Bluebonnets
- Hot, Hot, Hot: In Dallas And Fort Worth, One In 10 Homes Sells Within Just 72 Hours
- We’re Not Joking: Fort Worth Is The Country's Least Funny City
Tue January 22, 2013
Space: The Final Frontier For Dirk Nowitzki?
Dirk Nowitzki has done just about everything a basketball player can do: He's the the first European-born player to win the NBA's MVP award. He led the Mavericks to the NBA title. And he's an 11-time All-Star.
Next up: How 'bout a shot into space?
The Mavericks have launched Nowitzki. Well, almost. They wisely decided to send a Nowitzki bobblehead up instead. Which, was the right choice considering the balloon carrying "Little Dirk" colorfully exploded at 94,630 feet.
All is revealed in this video from the Mavs: