Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Dallas Is The Worst Outdoor City In America, Outside Magazine Declares
- 15 Amazing Things You Should Know About Texas Bluebonnets
- Hot, Hot, Hot: In Dallas And Fort Worth, One In 10 Homes Sells Within Just 72 Hours
- Night Owls (And Vampires) Rejoice: Watch The ‘Blood Moon,’ A Lunar Eclipse (Video)
- Dallas Baptist Student’s Viral Video Of ‘Let It Go’ Lands Him A Disney Audition
Fri May 10, 2013
SMU Lockdown, Mental Health Reminder
According to Dallas Police, a man called this morning saying he wanted to harm himself. As a precaution, the campus of Southern Methodist University and Stonewall Jackson Elementary briefly went on lockdown. Officers took the man into custody and no one was harmed. Here's a reminder of mental health resources both on, and off campus.
SMU campus has mental health services available for students at the Memorial Health Center, located at 6211 Bishop Blvd on the SMU Campus. Phone: 214-768-2277
Additional mental health resources in North Texas open to anyone, anytime:
- Metrocare: A North Texas nonprofit that helps people with mental illness, developmental disabilities and severe emotional problems. Phone: 214-743-1200
- The Texas Department of State Health Services' list of Crisis Hotlines
- NorthStar: A publicly funded behavioral health program serving seven counties in the Dallas-Fort Worth area. Phone: 214-366-9407
National Alliance on Mental Illness of Texas: A nonprofit with 45 local affiliates throughout Texas. NAMI provides a variety of education and support to mental health consumers, family and friends.