Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- ICE BLOG: Margaret Hunt Hill Bridge Reopens; Some Schools Closed; A Warmup Today
- 'Moguls For Cars:' What’s This Cobblestone Ice That’s Covering North Texas Roads?
- 11 Ways We're Turning The Nasty Ice Storm Into A Whimsical Winter Wonderland
- Whatever Happened To Marina Oswald?
- More Earthquakes Keep Jolting North Texas -- Quakes Recorded Sunday, Monday Morning
Mon August 13, 2012
Shooting Near Texas A&M Kills Three
Brazos County Constable Brian Bachmann, a male civilian and the gunman are dead following a shooting in College Station Monday afternoon near A&M University.
Officials say gunfire broke out while serving an eviction notice. A&M University’s Lane Stephenson says students were warned by text message and an online alert a little before 12:30 pm. "We issued what we call a Code Maroon which is our campus emergency notification system, you know, as a precautionary measure. As you many know we’re between semesters right now so there aren’t too many students around," he said. In addition to those killed, police say at least four others were injured, including three officers and a female civilian who is hospitalized.