Hood County Sheriff Roger Deeds updated media this morning about the breadth of damage from Wednesday night’s tornado and severe weather.
He confirmed that the hardest his area was the Rancho Brazos subdivision, southeast of Granbury which has been evacuated. The area is currently cordoned off by authorities.
The sheriff confirmed:
- Six adults died in the tornado. Officials are still identifying them and are not releasing names.
- Seven of the 14 missing have been located.
- Dallas Fire Rescue Task Force 2 is leading a home-to-home search this morning looking for others who may have been injured or trapped by debris.
- As many as 110 homes are damaged or destroyed
- Many of the Rancho Brazos homes use propane and some of the tanks were leaking.
- There is not electricity in the subdivision.
- More than 42 people spent the night at the First Christian Church shelter established in Granbury. It's expected that families will still need shelter tonight.