Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- It's Sleeting, It's Freezing: Roads Are Slick And Schools Are Closed Across North Texas
- Whatever Happened To Marina Oswald?
- Frequent Earthquakes In North Texas Rattle Azle Residents In Epicenter
- Meet Stormy, The Cute Puppy Rescued From A West Dallas Storm Drain
- Arlington's Pentatonix Produces A Holiday Gift: A Viral 'Drummer Boy' Video
Arts & Culture
Wed October 16, 2013
From Rap To Country To Japanese Rock, Something For Everyone At SXSW In 2014
The South by Southwest Music Festival has released its first list of artists for 2014, which includes 183 acts from 27 countries.
The six-day conference takes over downtown Austin in March and specializes in showcasing up-and-coming acts and a handful of established talent in thousands of performances.
The list released Wednesday is the first iteration and includes everything from New Orleans rapper Vockah Redu to Texas country singer Rodney Crowell. American bands include Deidre and the Dark, Avi Buffalo and Jessica Lea Mayfield.
The Swedish band INVSN is one of the important European acts, featuring the lead singer Refused and International Noise Conspiracy. Japanese rock band (champagne) will also appear.
In 2013, more than 2,200 acts performed at South by Southwest. More than 25,000 people attend each year.