Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- BLOG: Ice Storm Cancels Marathon, Children's Parade, Flights; 160,000 Lack Power; Big Freeze Tonight
- Whatever Happened To Marina Oswald?
- Frequent Earthquakes In North Texas Rattle Azle Residents In Epicenter
- Meet Stormy, The Cute Puppy Rescued From A West Dallas Storm Drain
- Arlington's Pentatonix Produces A Holiday Gift: A Viral 'Drummer Boy' Video
Wed March 6, 2013
Pickups Top The List Of Most Stolen Texas Vehicles-Again
Pickups are the most popular vehicles in Texas AND, again, are the most stolen, according to 2012 data from the Department of Public Safety.
Ford, Chevrolet and Dodge pickups, in that order, lead the top-10 list of vehicles targeted by Texas thieves. The truck-like Chevy Tahoe is 5thand a GMC pickup is 7th. Rounding out the top-10 list of stolen vehicles: the Honda Civic, Accord, Chevy Impala, Toyota Camry and Ford Taurus. Here's the complete list.
1) Ford Pickup
2) Chevrolet Pickup
3) Dodge Pickup
4) Honda Civic
5) Chevrolet Tahoe
6) Honda Accord
7) GMC Pickup
8) Chevrolet Impala
9) Toyota Camry
10) Ford Taurus
Officials say many of these vehicles - often a few years old - are stolen for parts. Some are sold to unsuspecting buyers, while others are taken and used in other crimes, for insurance fraud, or just for joyrides.
And state officials says no other crime cost Texans more than vehicle theft in 2011 – more than $621 million.