Be Covered Texas, a statewide education and outreach initiative sponsored by Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas, will be hosting a free community health event Oct. 26 at the Dallas Convention Center Arena. The fair, which runs from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. will provide educational information on the Affordable Care Act, free flue shots and other activities.
Location/Parking: The entrance is at 650 S.Griffen St, and parking is free if you bring an event flier from their website, BeCoveredTexas.org.
So what will be at the Dallas Care Fair?
- ACA Zone – Attendees will be able to ask questions one-on-one and learn about the Affordable Care Act (ACA), its provisions and find out what is coming in 2014 from qualified community experts.
- Medical Center – Attendees can receive free medical screenings, as available.
- Community Resources – Tables and booths of community resources including community clinics, health education, employment, housing, education resources and more.
- Story Wall – A place where attendees can share their stories and experiences and tell the Be Covered Texas campaign how it can continue to help build awareness among their families and friends.
- Farmer’s Market – Attendees will have the opportunity to receive a free bag of healthy groceries and helpful information.
[More from KERA News: Blue Cross Blue Shield Of Texas Reviews Plans On Health Insurance Marketplace]