The top local story this evening from the KERA Newsroom:
Three people in Kansas died of listeriosis after eating certain Blue Bell frozen treats. Two others were sickened.
The FDA is reporting the bacteria was found in samples of Blue Bell Chocolate Chip Country Cookies, Great Divide Bars, Sour Pop Green Apple Bars, Cotton Candy Bars, Scoops, Vanilla Stick Slices, Almond Bars and No Sugar Added Moo Bars.
The people who got sick ate the ice cream while in the hospital for unrelated reasons. Blue Bell half gallons, pints and cups were not recalled.
You can listen to the top local news stories weekdays at 6:20 p.m. and 8:20 a.m. on KERA 90.1 FM.