Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Here Are 39 Things You Should Do In Texas Before You Die
- Arlington Police Officer Saves The Same Pit Bull Twice
- Whatever Happened To Marina Oswald?
- Target's No-Gun Request Won't Affect Open Carry Texas, Spokesman Says
- How The 'Lost Copy' Of The Declaration Of Independence Landed In The Dallas Library
Mon May 6, 2013
New Fair Park Midway Draws Crowd Opening Weekend
The new summer midway at Fair Park kicked off over the weekend.
The Fair’s Sally Wamre says the 20-acre “Summer Adventures” was a hit.
“We had perfect weather," Wamre said. "We hit our expected attendance for the first weekend. We were looking, the first weekend, for 6,000 attendance and we hit it right on the nose.”
The goal of the new $30 million dollar midway is to make Fair Park more of a year round destination. Summer Adventures will be open weekends until June 7th, then daily. Officials expect more than 350,000 people the first year.
Wamre says the biggest attraction this first weekend was the Flow Rider, where you grab a small board and body-surf the wave.