Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- ICE BLOG RECAP: As North Texas Warms Up, Costs Of Storm Pile Up; Another Blast Of Arctic Air Coming?
- 'Moguls For Cars:' What’s This Cobblestone Ice That’s Covering North Texas Roads?
- 11 Ways We're Turning The Nasty Ice Storm Into A Whimsical Winter Wonderland
- More Earthquakes Keep Jolting North Texas -- Quakes Recorded Sunday, Monday Morning
- Whatever Happened To Marina Oswald?
Tue April 9, 2013
Mass Stabbing Shocks Suburban Houston College
Update, 6:25 p.m.: The man accused of stabbing 15 people on campus outside Houston is a 20-year-old student named Dylan Quick, the Houston Chronicle reports. The paper put together a profile of Quick based on a Lone Star College-CyFair blog that spotlighted him on April 1.
Our original post: At least 14 people were stabbed today on a college campus northwest of Houston. Laurie Johnson of KUHF in Houston reports that one suspect is in custody and the campus is on lockdown.
The CyFair campus is part of the Lone Star College system; in January, another campus in the system, North Harris, was evacuated after gunfire broke out and three people were injured.
On Tuesday, a CyFair student named Michelle Alvarez told the Houston Chronicle that she saw the attacker racing toward other students and didn't feel it when he swiped at her neck. A small red line was visible on her windpipe.
"He came running and swinging at my neck, as I tried to get out of the way," she told the paper.